If anxiety is getting in your way, you are likely to be experiencing excessive worry when encountering situations like –
- Travelling and/or going out
- Interacting with unfamiliar people or going to new places
- Starting or joining conversations
- Making eye contact
- Showing anxious symptoms
- Making a mistake in public
- Telling others how you feel and/or what you think
- Making decisions
If you regularly rearrange your life in order to avoid these and other situations, you will probably find yourself
- Over-considering the ‘worst case scenario’,
- Engaging in excessive planning
- Being overly worried about the opinions of others
If this feels familiar anxiety is interfering with day to day life.
How can counselling can help? Put most simply counselling can increase your confidence so you can go outside, talk to strangers and make relationships and decisions without constant fear and worry.