Does any of this sound familiar?
- You are very self-critical
- You usually imagine the worst case scenario
- You overthink decisions
- You find negative feedback very hard to handle
- You replay your interactions repeatedly
- You find it extremely difficult to say what you mean
If your answer is yes, you are experiencing anxiety to some degree. If anxiety is getting in your way, the above may well lead to excessive worry when encountering situations like –
- Travelling and/or going out
- Interacting with unfamiliar people or going to new places
- Starting or joining conversations
- Making eye contact
- Showing anxious symptoms
- Making a mistake in public
If you regularly rearrange your life in order to avoid these and other situations, anxiety is interfering with day to day life.
How can counselling can help? Put most simply counselling can increase your confidence so you can go outside, talk to strangers and make relationships and decisions without constant fear and worry.